ControlTech EXL Flat Top MTB Carbon Handlebar 31.8mm 800mm
> EXL Family: The EXL range is for riders who want it all – elegant form and no-nonsense function – with zero compromise. Employing unidirectional carbon fiber, finely controlled to create strength, stiffness and vibration-damping compliance at exactly the locations and angles it’s needed, EXL sheds grams everywhere else. It’s a material that wastes nothing. EXL’s stiffness ensures every single watt of your power goes where it should – down into the ground – while tuned compliance means vibration can’t come back up. Hardwearing graphics, strong and reliable hardware and aerospace-grade alloy clamp components generate rugged off-road strength at road-race weights.
Tough, unidirectional carbon design delivers extreme strength at minimal weight.
- Aligned fibers of unidirectional carbon allow a very precise layup for huge strength
- 9º backsweep and 4º upsweep
- Natural wrist angle for comfort, control and security on the roughest trails
- High strength doesn’t mean unforgiving rigidity
- Careful design makes use of carbon fiber’s natural ability to damp out trail buzz
- Weight is very low for a bar this tough: just 235g for the 800mm
- Zero rise makes this ideal for taming the tall front ends of 29er trail bikes
- Upsweep gives the feel of a riser bar without the height penalty
- Fits any 31.8mm stem
Reliability: Controltech USA knows the combination of sound engineering and high-quality materials practically guarantees the lifelong performance you expect. They never compromise our designs at the expense of low-quality materials. They use only premium grade raw material of aerospace quality.
Ingenuity: Controltech is, and always has been, a global leader in component design. The state-of-the-art manufacturing technology would be nothing without the cutting-edge innovation of our Global Research & Development Team.
Quality: A precise, unflinching view of manufacturing tolerances and meticulous craftsmanship are the hallmarks of Controltech components. Craftsman-level alloy welding and carbon layup are hallmarks of our designs. Plus of course, the use only premium-grade raw materials in the first place.
Value: Though the greatest innovation takes place on the cutting edge of material science, manufacturing processes and product design, there’s such a thing as ’trickle down.’ Today’s no-expense-spared prototype is tomorrow’s easily-obtained standard. ControlTech work hard to create a range that covers every riding style, every rider and every budget – without ever sacrificing class-leading performance.